No change to weekly trash collection (also Tuesdays).
Download a printable recycling calendar for your fridge here.
Website login: As previously announced, the old “generic” login credentials have been disabled. If you have not already registered for your own, secure login to this website, please do so here to access QP owner content.
Schedule of QPHA meetings 2019:
Board meeting – Saturday, November 16, 2019 – 12:00pm – 3:00pm – South Coastal Library Meeting room A
Board meeting – December 14, 2019, 9:00am – 12:00pm – South Coastal Library Meeting room A
Delaware State Survey on Future Channel Dredging
The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) is asking for public participation in a survey to determine and prioritize future water dredging projects in boating channels like the ones immediately around Quillen’s Point. The QP Board believes it is in our interest for owners to express their opinions about dredging in this survey.
In recent years, our Beach Cove boating channels have been filling with sediment, making them shallower and harder to navigate. The Board believes if this continues, our waterways will become too shallow to navigate except at high tide, negatively impacting our value as a “marine community” and limiting our recreational access from Beach Cove to Indian River Bay. Participation in the survey could affect opportunities for Beach Cove waterways to be added to DNREC’s future dredging project list. Please take a few minutes to fill out the State survey at this link. (You may only complete it once.)
Or, copy/paste this link into your browser: http://tiny.cc/dredging.
QPHA MEETING MINUTES AVAILABLE
Minutes of all QPHA Board meeting are available to registered QP owners on the Minutes page.
2019-2020 elected Board of Directors & Committee assignments
President – Les Smith
Vice President – James Rich (Architectural Review)
Vice President – Ann Mellish (Recreation)
Secretary – Ferne Cooper (Picnic)
Treasurer – Tom Farrah (Community Operations, Ass’t Harbormaster)
- 2019 Annual Quillen’s Point EPA Water quality report available (covering 2018).
- ALTERNATE-WEEK RECYCLING IS NOW IN EFFECT (TUESDAYS). No change to weekly trash collection (also Tuesdays). A printable recycling calendar for the 2019-2020 off season is downloadable here.
- PICKLE BALL – The Quillen’s Point tennis court is also equipped for pickle ball. Bring your own rackets and balls… and enjoy! For information about pickle ball at QP, contact Sallie Callanen.
- TENNIS/PICKLEBALL COURT – The tennis/pickleball court has a combination lock. The combination code is available to owners upon logging in. (You can throw away your old tennis keys.) The court is for use by QP owners and their guests only.
- KAYAK LAUNCH – The QP kayak launch is available at the marina. Bring your kayak for easy-in/easy-out recreation in Beach Cove. Please observe the instructions for safety; it’s not a toy. Use at your own risk. You can watch a 6-minute instructional video of the QP kayak launch here.
Common Areas Advisory
The Quillen’s Point Homeowners Association reminds owners of the significance of QP’s “common areas,” including the marina, the tennis court, the recreation area and the roadway rights-of-way. A summary “Common Areas Advisory” document is available here.
QP’s Little Free Library
Help yourself at QP’s “little free library.” Take a book. Leave a book. Free. Located behind the bulletin board at the recreation area.
Please address questions about the QP Marina to
Harbormaster David Green.
Please address questions about your planned construction or landscaping project to Architectural Review chair James Rich.
Architectural Review Rules & Guidelines are available here.
QP Directory updates
When your QP Directory information changes, please alert
Directory chair Ralph Begleiter.
Volunteering to serve on the QP Board
When you’re ready to volunteer service on the Quillen’s Point Board of Directors, please contact the chair of the Nominating Committee, Tom Farrah.